REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT - EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF DD214 OR DSCHARGE.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to
1. Complete American Legion Membership application.
2. Applications are available at the Post.
3. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE.
4. Membership Dues Payment. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH
5. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
6. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. Copy of Membership Card.
7. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid, If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U.S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1919) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - Jamuary 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31, 1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Panama
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Gulf War/War on Terrorism
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join the American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above and honorabley discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop by the Post.